I’ve been watching
a lot some TV and movies lately and some shit is really on my nerves. Let’s discuss:
- Why does no one start a car with a key? How do these magic cars start?
- Teeth brushing. Just use some damn toothpaste. Your water isn’t fooling anyone
- Perfectly decorated and clean houses everywhere. Except when they want to represent poor people. Then the houses are dirty. Like FILTHY. I don’t get that stereotype and quite frankly, it pisses me off. Economic status does not always equal level of cleanliness and organization
- No one says goodbye when they hang up the phone. Manners exist in real life. Why not movies?
- All the pushed up against a wall sex. It looks painful and uncomfortable and awkward because hello height differences and are that many people having sex that way?
- Cheerleader tropes. I’m confident I’ve ranted about this before but honestly, the cheerleaders I know don’t dress or act like that and MAYBE they wouldn’t have to fight against the horrible stereotype movies and TV perpetuate if people who write those tropes would knock it the fuck off See also: buffoon dads
- WHY SO MUCH VOMIT?
- Gun usage. Not so much that there is gun usage but more a matter of how does everyone know how to use a gun? I don’t know how to properly use a gun and I was forced to take self-defense and that included dismantling (disarming?) a gun. Still can’t shoot it
- The perfect manicures and the frequency with which nail polish colors change. You want to show real? Show a woman with chipped nail polish. See also: no wardrobe repeats
Do you have any movie or TV pet peeves?