I’ve mentioned this before but I have been struggling hardcore lately. I know it’s the depression talking and I’m fighting it off the best I can but some days it gets the best of me and I can’t muster the energy to do anything beyond the necessities of life. And sometimes it’s hard to even do that. But I keep trying and plugging away the best I can.
It’s on those days that I think about the things I can do to make me feel like I have my life together. I don’t believe in fake it till you make it but I guess this all falls under that. I suppose this list can work even when I’m feeling like my best self because who doesn’t want to feel like they have it all together?
- Dinner in the crock pot
- Wearing a matching bra and underwear
- Bills paid, grocery shopping done, full tank of gas, and no looming laundry mountain
- All the DVRd shows watched
- All the podcasts current
- All the open tabs read and closed
- Seeing the living room and kitchen completely clean with no stray items anywhere and everything in its place
- Fresh manicure and pedicure, either DIY or paying someone else to do it. Polish colors don’t need to match
- Going a day without running an errand because everyone has everything they need
- The cat spending the whole day in the house without begging to go outside (this is more of a personal victory than feeling put together but it still counts)
- Crossing off all the items on ye old to-do list
- Getting everything I need at one store (unless that store is Walmart, which is the bane of my existence. I hate that fucking place. I sometimes purposefully drive to four different stores simply to avoid our local Walmart)
- Wearing lip gloss even when I know no one else will see me
For the record, these don’t all have to be accomplished on the same day. If even one of them is done, I feel like I’m put together.
What makes you feel like you have it all together?