According to Litsy, today is National Read a Book Day. While every day around these parts is read a book day, I thought that, in honor of the day, we’d cover a few reasons why you should read books. Or why I love books. I think they’re interchangeable.
- Books do not care what you look like, how you smell, or if you even remembered to brush your teeth. Books do not judge.
- Books are available to everyone, regardless of income (well, this is a post in and of itself because it’s really not that simple but we’ll discuss this another day)
- Books are there for you, day or night. Especially in the night when you can’t sleep.
- You’re never lonely with a book.
- With a book, you’re never bored. And with all the ways you can read books, you can always have one with you.
- There’s a perfect book for everyone.
- They’re just so pretty!
- You can learn AND be entertained with books.
- JOBS! With books, there are so many jobs (also another post)
- Books make great conversation starters as well as provide easy talking points.
- They never go out of style. In fact, some get better with age.
- Speaking of age, as you hit different ages, a book you once read becomes new again. Perspective is a glorious thing.
- Books leave a legacy.
- They make wonderful heirlooms.
- Vocabulary, creativity, imagination, curiosity. They all get bigger with books.
- They open your eyes, your world. your mind
And because I love him so, let’s end with a quote from John Green:What are some of your favorite things about books?