While I try to pay attention to pop culture, and thanks to Facebook and Instagram and Twitter and all the other place, I know more about it than I probably should, there’s a whole lot I simply don’t care about. And whether not caring makes me old or weird or snobby or not snobby enough or some combination of those or something else, I just cannot bring myself to give any shits to things like:
- The new Twilight book. I never read the original ones, never saw the movies, and this one will fall into the deep recesses of my memory in the file “things I once knew but didn’t care enough to remember”.
- Anything related to Harry Potter (sorry, Amanda).
- The news Star Wars movie.
- Football. Fantasy football. Football weather. Fuck football. (I’ve said this before, in a similar post I’ve written. There might be some repeats. We can put that on the list of things I don’t care about, too.)
- Gilmore Girls being on Netflix. Or the possible planned reunion. See also: most other late 90s, early 00s shows.
- The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Scandal, Empire, any reality show, and a whole host of others. I like my TV but those don’t do it for me.
- How much money other people make at their jobs. If you make good money, good for you. If you don’t, I’m sorry (but if you’re making it work, then I am impressed and you should share what you’re doing because many can learn from you). But it’s not a competition and we’re all adults and your paycheck doesn’t determine your worth in my life. See also: blogging stats. There are zero fucks to give.
- Playboy doing away with nude photographs. I feel like this is something I should care about but…meh.
- Celebrities’ opinions on societal inequities or politics or whatever. Do I like when they share their personal struggles? Yes. Do I like when they actively try to make a difference? Yes. But do I care what they think when they’re not dealing with an issue or exerting any effort to affect change and they’re talking because they’re self-important douchecanoes? No.
- What people I randomly follow on Twitter are sharing. I turned OFF my notifications. Why you still telling me, Twitter?
- When my husband gets a haircut. Sorry, husband. I love but your haircuts do nothing for me. I care more when you shave. Because no one wants to kiss stubble.
What are some things that make you say I don’t give a fuck?