Okay, so this linkup is supposed to all of our favorites and things we recommend to our friends in real life. I’m struggling HARD with these rules because I’m not a recommender. I like what I like and assume other people do, too, and unless someone asks, I don’t offer opinions on what they should watch or use or listen to or whatever. I’m all for receiving recommendations, and I have no trouble asking for them, but giving them? Not so much.
But because I love Lauren (and I’m assuming I’d love Bre, too, if we knew each other but we don’t yet) I dug deep and came up with a list of my favorites (no books are on the list. I KNOW. But everyone is so different that it’s hard for me to give blanket recommendations for books) in a variety of categories and in no particular order (there are no affiliate links. These are just products I love).
I also want to make a note about cruelty free stuff. I try hard–REALLY HARD–to purchase cruelty free products. Some of the brands at one point did not test on animals and I think now they might but not in the U.S. and I’m so damn confused. I’m all for finding substitutes if they’re available and affordable and if you know of any, please share them.
Makeup and stuff
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. Pricey but worth every damn penny. See also: Too Faced palettes.
- Biolage Colorlast shampoo and conditioner. I love my hair and I love the way these products treat my hair so it’s an expense I don’t mind.
- OGX Coconut Miracle Oil body lotion. Smells amazing and you can get it Walgreen’s. Mid-range price.
- NYX Butter Gloss. Pretty much the only lip gloss that’s not sticky, that lasts forever, and is crazy affordable. See also: NYX eye liner.
- Wet and Wild Under the Sheets makeup remover wipes. My daughter uses these to take off her competition makeup and they are beasts. They remove most of the glitter without a problem, they don’t dissolve or shred, and you can find them anywhere.
- e.l.f. brushes. Cheap, sturdy, excellent.
Food and drink
- Starbucks iced unsweetened green tea. I do not like their coffee but I will drink this like nobody’s business.
- This recipe for grain free chocolate chip cookies. You can take my flour but you can’t take my cookies.
- This recipe for grain free chicken and cashews. So delicious I never order this dish from a restaurant anymore.
- Reese’s peanut butter cups. They are my most favoritest ever and if someone ever surprsied me these with these and an iced Starbucks green tea, I would love them forever.
- Ranch chicken tacos. A nice twist on tacos and they take about 9 minutes to make. You mix the taco seasoning and ranch dressing with the cooked chicken and slop into a shell and top with cheddar cheese. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can bake it in the oven for about 5 minutes so the shell doesn’t fall apart.
- A crockpot. Nothing makes me feel like I have my life together more than when I put dinner in the crockpot.
- Amazon Smile. A simple way to donate money to charity with stuff I buy anyway.
- Josh and His Critters on IG. Tina is the woman behind the account and it’s based on her rescue group which she started a few years ago after rescuing a puppy with the cleft palate. She now rescues the worst of the worst, medically, on death row in various CA shelters and posts all the updates on the dogs (and various other creatures) she’s saved. What she does is amazing and I wish I could donate all the time
- Baddiewinkle on IG. Please, if you know what’s good for you, follow this woman if you don’t already. She is my absolute #lifegoals
- True Crime Garage, All the Books, Crimetown, and Homecoming for the podcasts.
- Sneaky Pete, Bosch, Goliath on Amazon. Kimmy Schmidt, Bloodline, House of Cards, OITNB, Stranger Things on Netflix. Better Call Saul, American Crime, Billions, John Oliver, Silicon Valley on all the other TV. Too many documentaries to list.
- These two songs if you’re someone who is inspired and reassured by music:
Help on the following, please:
- Non-UV gel nail polish. This chipping shit is out of control
- Non-true crime or food documentaries. It’s making me not want to ever eat or leave my house again.
- Kindle or Kindle paperwhite. My iPad is dying and I’m not sure how much more I can coax it to work.
So that’s it for this month. I think this is supposed to be a monthly thing but I am so damn boring I don’t see much changing but maybe next month I’ll do a whole one devoted to reading. What do you guys think? Would that be helpful?