- Finished Remember Mia and The Flood Girls. Picked up Luckiest Girl Alive. Started Glass. Show Us Your Books is March 8, and I’ll have full reviews then.
- Made grain free chocolate chip cookies. You can find the recipe here. Guys, they were so good, I don’t know that I can go back to making regular cookies. Even the child says she prefers them.
- Been listening to Theory of a Deadman’s “Blow”. Favorite lyric? Kanye West says rock is dead. Guess he’s off his meds again. Lost his mind about the time he got with that Kardashian. LOVE. IT.
- Found and started recording this documentary series on Gen X. I haven’t been able to watch the first episode yet (second one airs tonight) but I’m really looking forward to watching it because I’m Gen X. And it’s narrated by Christian Slater. Yay!
- Also binge watched the hell out of Brotherhood. Not the greatest show I’ve ever seen but addictive as hell.
- Put up the announcement about my pitch contest. I’m nervicited. That’s nervous and excited. I just hope I get some entries.
- Apparently Judd Apatow has a new show on Netflix. One of the executive producers also graduated from the same high school he did. They reference a math teacher, Mr. Eldi. Mr. Eldi is a real person. I know that because he was my math teacher, too. So that’s pretty cool. Fun fact: he’s the only math teacher I had that got me not to hate math. I also wound up in his class after I failed a different one.
- Internet reads: This New Yorker piece on another side of Appalachia, which is really just a book review but it makes me really want to read the book. Make sure you go through the slide show of pictures. This millennial’s incredible response to that girl who was fired from Yelp (the author of the response is a repped, professional writer to she clearly has some talent. Should not detract at all from her point, though). If you don’t have a passport (or an expired one, like me) and still want to travel to some exotic places, here’s a list of six you can travel to. This excruciatingly long, but dead on balls accurate, video of a day in the life of a 1990 teenager (it’s real because he recorded his own life).
If I had to date, I’d totally do this
What happens when I attempt to read any classic book
EAT ALL THE FEELINGS
If I did weekend recap posts, this would be the weekend to do it because it’s nonstop packed with things to do. I am going to crash HARD on Sunday night. Hope you all have a great weekend, too!