My brain is exhausted this week. Between the seriously fucked up weather, still not having a debit card to replace the one with the stolen numbers, and revamping my blogger mentoring program’s site for what feels like the 98th consecutive week, not to mention sleeping like shit, I’ve got nothing left. Like seriously, nothing. I’m surprised I’m even forming coherent sentences at this point.
Fortunately, there are dozens and dozens of bloggers around who have working brains and write really good blogs to prove it. So rather than spewing drivel, I’m giving you 5 ladies whose blogs you should read instead:
- Life According to Steph—I met Steph freshman year of college and many, many years later she’s still one of the smartest, funniest, most opinionated people I know. Her blog is a wonderful array of general thoughts, organizational tips, recipes, pictures of pugs, and overall awesomeness. I promise, you will laugh out loud, and sometimes learn something really helpful, when you read her posts. So you should do that. Now. I’ll be here when you get back.
- Beauty School Dropout–I’m a new reader to Sarah’s blog but it’s one that I visit regularly. She talks about topics that I totally relate to, like being a parent, her monthly goals and her progress (she gives herself a grade each month rather than a pass/fail system, which is I think is a fantastic ideas), shares lots of pictures, and overall just seems like someone I’d be friends with in real life (honestly, I feel that way about all the ladies on this list). Make sure you add her blog to your to-read list.
- Till Then, Smile Often—Kerry’s blog, like Steph’s, is a great mix of topics. One of my favorites ones, aside from the ones about her dog Seamus and her book reviews, is her Be The Change movement where she gives ideas for random acts of kindness. My favorites so far are to leave a box of tennis balls at a dog park and to leave a stack of quarters at a laundromat. How easy and inexpensive are those to do? And think of the difference they’ll make for someone! For more ideas, make sure to check her out!
- She Crab Soup—The best part about Kelli’s blog? You mean, besides the great writing, awesome picture practice project (which I’m really trying to do), the fact that she’s completely relatable, and she’s also a (former) criminal justice person? She lives at the beach and shares lots of pictures! And the pictures are amazing. Go look at her site right now and you’ll see what I mean.
- According to Athena—Athena is someone I’ve known for a couple of years now (we met through blogging) and she’s also my personal goals accountability partner and FinCon roommate. Like me, she love books and music and wine. It’s no wonder we get along so well! Her blog leans towards the personal finance side but she incorporates travel, daily life, and random thoughts. Her blog is worth the visit, especially for the music. So go read her blog and get your groove on at the same time.
P.P.S. I know this post isn’t at all pioneer related but I’m pretty sure even they took a day off now and then.
I think I’m going to make this a monthly feature. Because it was SO hard to choose and I want to give all the blogs I read their due accolades.
What are some of your favorite blogs?
Linking up with the Northeast Bloggers Network: