We’re diving into some Stuff and Things rather than the weekly recap because I have a thing tomorrow and I won’t be, you know, conscious, so I’m hanging out with the lovely Joey and Kristin this week instead.
- Can I just say how much I love the Show Us Your Books linkup and how it’s basically my favorite blogging day of the month? First, thank you so much to everyone who participates! It means a lot to both me and Steph. Second, my to-read list continues to explode because of it. It thrills me how we all have different taste in books, with some overlap (cough–The Girl on the Train–cough), and I’m learning about books I never would have heard of otherwise.
- Colonoscopy prep is the worst. I want a vegetable. And laxatives are no one’s friend.
- After mentioning it last week, some of you expressed interest in the link to my side project/creative writing site. I was going to just email the link to those people directly but then I thought that was a bad choice. I’ll just share it with everyone. So here it is: Prompted Pieces. I’m only posting about 2-3 times per week right now but I might increase that at some point. Not sure yet. Hope you guys have as much fun reading it as I do writing it.
- I finally finished and sent off my resume to the job I really, really, really want. And now I’m nervous that they won’t want me. Anxiety is fun.
- Last weekend, we rented St. Vincent and Foxcatcher. St. Vincent is a fabulous movie. Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy are simply awesome and the kid in the movie is going to have a long, long career. Don’t bother yourself with Foxcatcher. Slow, tedious, and it bothers me that Channing Tatum’s performance has gone virtually unrecognized. Honestly, he was the best part of the movie, and it has nothing to do with how he looks because I don’t find him that attractive.
- I get irrationally angry when I really like someone on a TV show or in a movie and then I can’t stalk the actor on social media.
- Last weekend after we were done at the beach Chocolate Festival, we went to a bookstore and at the bookstore, I saw a sign or book stating the average person passes something like 1 liter of gas per day. I have so many questions about this. For instance, who figured this out? Second, who volunteered to be studied? Third, how did they measure it? Also, if I were part of that study, I’d throw off the average. Big time.
- We leave for Disney in just under 5 weeks. The child still has no idea. We’ve been keeping it a surprise for the last 5 months and with this little bit of time left, my big mouth almost ruined it. Fortunately, she’s oblivious and didn’t pick up on it but I’m starting to worry about my self-control.
- I read and save a ton of links with the intention to share them and then I never do. If there is a version of hoarders for links, I need it because I keep saving more and get rid of none. That said, here are three of my favorites from the last few weeks: 33 Signs That Were Vandalized with the Most Hilarious Responses Ever (how’s that for click bait?), 10 Reasons Why Losing Your Shit Will Make Your Life Come Together, and this one about the MLB player who lives in a van in a WalMart parking lot.
- My favorite weekly funnies:
Hope you guys have a great weekend! I’ll probably be in the bathroom the whole time and I’ve never been so glad to have an iPad and an endless stack of books. See you Monday!