So my spring break turned into a 2 week break. I almost made it a third but you know. I missed it around here.
I have a couple of pretty heavy content posts planned over the next couple of weeks (but don’t forget Show Us Your Books next Tuesday, May 10!) so I figured that for now, we’ll recap what happened over my break (hint: nothing too exciting).
- Went to the dentist and had no cavities!
- I can do push-ups on my toes now
- I’ve gone down a full pants size
- My little sister got engaged!
- Got a free trial of Hulu for The Handmaid’s Tale and discovered that season 1 of Fargo is on there, too #win
- Celebrated my 13th wedding anniversary
- Won an Amazon dot and an Amazon gift card
- The sushi making class the husband and I were supposed to take for our anniversary was canceled
- Finished none of the projects I’d planned to
- My depression is kicking my ass (more about that on Thursday)
- Read 5 books, put some on hold but still managing to keep the library list under control
- Watched the newest season of Bosch in its entirety. In one day #beastmode
- Finally bought the child a new bed
- Ate my body weight in M&Ms #vitaminM
- Learned the hard way not to wear my Converse with no socks on a 3 mile walk (why a 3 mile walk? See above about the M&Ms)
- Possibly adopting a third dog. Long story short, my neighbors have a dog they take shitty care of, asked us if we would take him, we said yes but they had to split the cost of neutering, they disappeared, we mourned not getting him and moved on, they reappeared and asked us again, and now we’re not 100% sure what to do. If I had to guess, by June we’ll have a new addition
- T minus 11 days to the child’s cheer competition in Disney World. It’s been all cheer, all the time. Looking forward to a break from that
I think that’s the highlights. I probably missed something but most likely it’s nothing earth shattering. And rereading this list, I realize my life is incredibly boring but I think boring is necessary sometimes.
So tell me. What’s happened with you since I’ve been gone?