I have been trying to wrap my head around all my feelings, thoughts, and emotions in light of the Women’s March and the shitstorm that’s been unleashed via executive orders and I’m struggling with it and whenever I try to string together a thought or sentence or whatever, I start to cry. In fact, I’d planned a post about how we do feminism in our house and I couldn’t get through it so instead, I present you with a whole bunch of weird facts about me:
- When I read, I hear the characters’ voices in my head. Usually with an American accent even if the book takes place in another country.
- Also when I read, I check how many pages are in the book and do a rough calculation for how long the book will take me to finish.
- With regard to above, I never calculate correctly because math is fucking hard.
- My feet and my ears don’t match. I mean, each foot differs from the other, as does each ear. Obviously they don’t match each other.
- I refuse to drink two different beverages from the same cup on the same day, even if the cup has been washed out in between.
- At 5’3″, I am the tallest of me and my siblings. My parents create giants, y’all. I was also born the latest (18 days late) and was the smallest in weight.
- I failed my road test 4 times. My family still jokes about it.
- I cannot do accents and impressions. Unless said impression is Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny because, honestly, it’s not really a stretch. #newyorkerforlife
- I work movie quotes into conversations with people I know won’t understand the reference simply for my own amusement.
- I write full blog posts in my head while I’m in the shower and, when we used to have bathtub crayons (back when we only had one bathroom and they were for the Child but I am seriously considering buying them again), if the mood struck, I would brainstorm on the walls using said crayons.
How about you guys? What are some weird things about you? Don’t be shy, either. This is a judgement free zone.