A couple of weeks ago, J. Money at Budgets are Sexy announced a Bucket List contest (sponsored by Life Insurance Finder) where a person, chosen at random, could win $500. I thought this would be fun to do but kind of
postponed forgot about it until my wonderful friend Mrs. C posted her list (although she calls hers a Just Do It list which is way more optimistic).
So what’s on my bucket list, you ask? Well I’m happy to tell you that I’d like to:
- Take my top off in public. OK, not really. But I do want to play the guitar in front of a crowd (let’s define crowd: 5 people unrelated to me). I’m not very good and I can’t do solos but I can do some basic chords and with
somea lot of practice, I’m prettysomewhat proficient. I even have my set list picked out: Devil Inside, Ball and Chain, Brain Stew, and Beverly Hills.
- Play beer pong for a living. Again, not really but I do want to play in the World Series of Beer Pong in Las Vegas. I used to rule the pong table. I even won a tournament once! I’m still pretty good (and by good I mean that my skills are directly proportional to the amount of beer I drink. More beer=better skills) and I think that I could possibly, maybe even win a round.
- Publish a book. That strangers buy. I’ve wanted to be a writer for as long as I could form sentences (and since I started talking around 1, this is a long time) and publishing a book that is found in a bookstore would be the apex of that dream. I know I’ll never be a NYT best-selling author but to have a book that at least recoups the publishing costs would be a dream come true. Oh, did I also mention that I don’t want this to be a self-published book?
- Visit Australia, Fiji and New Zealand. I’m not talking a quick, two-week bus tour. I’m talking I want to take a 2 month, leisurely vacation, making sure I see everything I can think of while I’m there. I figure I’d only get there one time and I’d make the most of every moment. Although I am a bit scared of the large, violent animals that I keep hearing live over there. I want to be assured that a dingo will not steal my baby. (Also, I swear this has nothing to do with the fact that the sponsor of the giveaway is an Australian company. I didn’t even notice that until I went back to put the link in. You don’t believe me, do you?)
- Go Hollywood. Michael Buble, I don’t care what you say. Hollywood is not dead. And I want to be a part of it. I want to be in a movie or on a TV show (I’ll settle for being an extra, though having at least one line would be great) and go to the Emmys. And a Golden Globe party. And hang out with Jason Segel. And get all those really awesome seats at sporting events that celebrities seem to get. Although being on the cover of a tabloid doesn’t appeal to me. But it could for the right price…maybe. As long as the reporter doesn’t interpret the first statement of #1 on this list as literal.